Applicants must be available to participate in the preparatory pitch workshop which takes place on the following dates:
WORKSHOP in November:
* Monday 8, 9.30–12.30 I 13.30–18.30: Group sessions
* Wednesday 10, 9.30–12.30 I 13.30–17.30: 1:1 sessions & individual work
* Thursday 11, 9.30–12.30 I 13.30–16.30: Group sessions
* Friday 12: Individual work. Note that final pitch videos (max 5 minutes) are to be delivered to the organizer by 17.00.
The pitch preparation workshop will be led by the experienced, international coaches Valeria Richter (scriptwriter) and Helene Granqvist (producer).
The video pitch live event takes place online on November 16th at 12.00–14.30. Up to 8 TV series fiction projects will be pitched online to a jury of industry experts: Martina Bleis, Head of Co-Pro Series at Berlinale Co-production Market, Cia Edström, Head of Industry at TV Drama Vision Gothenburg, Francesco Capurro, Head of Series Mania Forum, and representatives from the WEMW and MIA (tbc).
The jury will decide on an award of €3000 to be given to one project for further development, including some other additional awards as well.
NOTE: All participants must attend and be available to answer a question from the jury. It is not possible to participate in the video pitch event without participating in the workshop.
About the coaches:
Helene Granqvist and Valeria Richter have gathered significant experience in the international film- and TV industry and collaborated on several film projects and coaching events together.
Between them, they cover a wide range of fiction, documentary and TV-series production and writing, as well as financing and organizing innovative development, production and script consulting labs, having created new training concepts for both young talents and experienced filmmakers.
Currently they are financing a new lab format and industry wide initiative that focuses on sustainability and new ways to approach much needed change across the ecosystem of how we develop, produce and connect films- and TV series to audiences.
Applicants are to provide the following materials:
1. Logline + Season Synopsis (max 1½ page A4) + contact information (½ page A4). Contact information must include details of the series: number + length of episodes, format, genre, language(s), development + financing status, and any co-producers at the top of page one of the collected Word document.
2. Moodboard (max 1 page A4).
3. CV incl. short 5-line bio text (max 2 pages A4).
4. Motivation letter (max 1 page A4 – why this series? why you? vision for the series project as creator).
NOTE: these 1–4 texts are to be collected in one Word document.
5. A portrait photo (max 2 MB, attached separately to the email)
Please email the materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 1 November 2021 at 12:00 CEST.